dinsdag 12 juni 2012

MXR Six Band EQ

This time I thought to myself, that I needed an EQ pedal.
So I bought the six band one from MXR.
It's a pretty cool pedal which can cut or boost frequencies from -18 to +18 dB to get to some serious cuts and boosts.
I use it to get a more modern sound out of my vintage amplifier.
For every EQ-range (low, mid and high) there are 2 more specific frequency ranges.
It's used as a tone shaper rather than a replacement for the amp's parameters, just like every EQ pedal.

Brief summary:
-Six EQ bands.
-Boosting and cutting from -18 dB to +18dB per frequency range.
-9v adapter or battery to power it.
-Gives you more in detail control of the amp's EQ.
-One setback though: If you set your EQ, it's hard to make the EQ'ed signal the same volume as the original signal.
Mine is always switched on, though, so that gives me no problem.

How I use it, is -as I said before- create a more modern sound out of my vintage amp.
Because it gives this more in detail EQ range, I can cut the higher frequency mid range, which makes it sound more like a modern amp.
You can also cut away alot of mids, giving it a more metal sound.
Without a doubt, this is one of the largests improvements in my sound I ever had, next to switching to tube amps.





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten